Thursday, March 2, 2017

Growing a Pinterest Following: A Case Study


I have spent many an hour pinning to multiple boards with wild abandon, but the inner workings of Pinterest have always been a bit of a mystery to me.

Be honest, how many times do you see the same pin, or multiple pins by the same person in a single search? Have you ever gone to look at another person's profile and they have 15,000+ followers? How? How do they do that?

As an avid USER of Pinterest, I can definitely see the benefit of having an active and successful Pinterest account. It is completely visually based, and free, which makes it a powerhouse for marketing your business and your blog! But I have never ventured past the USER category of Pinterest into the MARKETING POWERHOUSE category of Pinterest.

My Current Stats:


(These stats were found using the analytics feature on the Pinterest Business pages.)

These aren't terrible stats, but while compared to a company or blog with over 1,000 followers, or better yet, 15,000 followers, my reach is pretty small.

So here's the plan:

Over the next 31 days, the entire month of March 2017, I'm going to use these 7 tips and tricks I've found while combing the wide array of information on Pinterest.

You can also check out my "Pinterest Tips" board on Pinterest if you'd like to see more than just the tips I plan to use this month.

  1. I will pin every Etsy listing I have. This is a pretty standard tip across the board. Whether you are trying to promote your products, small business, or blog! Pin everything! Don't let a post or product slip under the radar. Once my blog launches at the beginning of next month, I will be doing the same with every blog post as well.
  2. I will follow at least five new accounts every day. Why is this important? To extend your reach, at least in the beginning, it is important to make connections!
  3. In addition to pinning my own pins, I will pin at least 5 pins that aren't my own daily. Just like on other social media platforms, it is important to share other's work and engage with the community. 
  4. I will attempt to join a collaboration board. Some of these boards can be pretty exclusive, but by joining a collaboration board, you not only make community connections, you also promote yourself to the other members followers.
  5. I will daily spend some time in my home feed. Just like you would on Instagram or Twitter, engage with the people you are following! Comment on their posts. Like their pins. And repin their pins if they are relevant to you!
  6. Weekly, I will search my new followers! I will follow the good ones that pin things I am interested in.
  7. I will design images that are Pinterest friendly and schedule them to post frequently. Longer images that are more visible in the vertical feeds, and keep my images relevant.
Here's to growth and success!

Want to check out how the results turned out? Be sure to check out this post with my updated stats!

Do you have any tips and tricks you've used to grow your own Pinterest account that I forgot to list here? I'm always looking for new ways to expand my reach! Please share your own progress and advice in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment